The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) Teaching School Alliance (TSA) has two overarching goals:
- Ensure that schools within the Alliance are supported to achieve excellence
- Support practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning
Working towards these two goals will help us to ensure that the outcomes for children are enhanced and that the capacity for school improvement is built upon.
In essence, the DRET Teaching School Alliance is the key driver for the school improvement work, which occurs across the Trust. In order to do this, academies in the alliance have access to a range of bespoke and inclusive support that is provided as part of their commitment to DRET. Additional support can also be brokered by individual academies through the Teaching School, from highly skilled and effective professionals. Furthermore, schools that are not part of the Trust have the opportunity to also seek support from the TSA.
The work of the TSA is delivered through the following areas:
- Initial Teacher Training (ITT)
- Continual Professional Development (CPD)
- Leadership Pathways
- School to School Support and Specialist Leader of Education (SLE) designation and brokerage